I am an accredited mental health social worker and clinical social worker admitted to the Australian College of Social Work. After many years’ experience in hospitals and community agencies, I undertook further extensive training in relationship counselling and trauma therapy, and began work as a private practitioner.
My therapeutic approach is underpinned by the belief that:
- Each person is unique
- We are all influenced by our life experiences to date, including our health, genetics, family history, culture, life experiences and the society we live in
- Change is possible
- Life can be amazing, we are more than we think we are, and we can surprise ourselves.
But the reality is that we can develop patterns of thinking, feeling and acting as a result of navigating our lives that need reviewing at times.
I am trained to help you look at your life in all its complexities, and learn new ways of living and meeting challenges. As a relationship counsellor I can also assist you to improve your relationships with others.
I am professionally trained to help you understand what is happening, to guide you in a respectful, non-judgemental way to accepting yourself while making changes that will enhance your life and happiness.
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) – Deakin University
- Bachelor of Social Work – Monash University
- Master of Couple and Relationship Counselling – La Trobe University
- Accredited member of the AASW (Australian Association of Social Workers)
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker (Australian Association of Social Workers)
- Member of the Australian College of Social Work
- Full member of EMDRAA (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Association of Australia)
Read more about the Therapy Techniques which I use most commonly